Terms & Regulations
1. TERMS OF REFERENCE
- In these terms and regulations for participation, the term "exhibitor" shall include all employees, servants and agents of any individual company, partner firms or organization which have applied for space for the purpose of exhibition.
- The term "exhibition" shall mean SEOUL FOOD 2023.
- The term " Organizers " shall mean KOTRA [Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency].
2. APPLICATION FOR PARTICIPATION
- All applications for participation shall be registered online at www.seoulfood.or.kr to KOTRA
- The contract shall be established when the exhibitor registers online and pays the Organizers participation fee of the space only, walk on stand or premium stand and utility services charges. The Organizers, however, reserve the right to refuse the acceptance of an application in the event sufficient space is not available, even after payment, and payment shall be returned within 30 days of registration.
- Exhibitors wishing to make alterations to registration forms or utility services should contact the Organizers immediately. Failure to do so will any consequences thereof are the sole responsibility of the exhibitor.
3. ALLOCATION OF EXHIBIT SPACE
- All final decisions on allocation of booths will be made solely by the Organizers in order of registration, payment, nationality, exhibit, size of the space applied for or in the manner the Organizers deem fit.
- The Organizers shall reserve the right to change the location and/or the size of the space allocated to the exhibitor at any time prior to the commencement of the set up of the exhibition, should exceptional circumstances demand, and the exhibitor shall have no claim for compensation as a result of the changes.
- Under no circumstances may the exhibitor resell, transfer rights to, or enter into a mutual agreement to change assigned booth(s) with another party, without the prior approval of the Organizers.
4. USE OF EXHIBIT SPACE
- Exhibitors are bound to exhibit the pre-registered products and to staff the exhibits with competent personnel during the entire period of the exhibition.
- All exhibits must follow the application form, and be related to the theme of the exhibition. Direct sales off the stand are strictly prohibited. If the exhibitor violates the above-mentioned rules, the Organizers can stop the exhibitor's activity, remove his/her exhibits or order the dismantling of his/her booth. In this case, the participation fee shall not be refunded and the exhibitor shall hold no claim to compensation.
- The Organizers reserve the right to refuse admittance to the exhibition to any person.
- Exhibitors are not allowed to sublet space allotted to them to a third party, either wholly or in part, without the prior written consent of the Organizers.
- Modifications including decorations such as painting of floors, ceilings and/or pillars will not be permitted, and exhibitors doing so shall be held liable to compensate the Organizers for consequent damages to the exhibition hall.
5. TERMS OF PAYMENT
- A 50% deposit of the participation fee and/or relevant stand charges must be paid at the time of application by the exhibitor. The balance shall be paid no later than March 1st, 2023.
- The participation fee must be paid by the due date, otherwise the Organizers reserve the right to cancel the contract. In such a case, prior payment of participation fees will not be refunded.
6. CANCELLATION OF EXHIBITION SPACE
- In the event of the Organizers agreeing to any request for release from the Contract, the Exhibitor will be liable for all or part of the cost stated in the Contract overleaf on the following scale:
Cancellation 271 days or more before the show 15% of cost
Cancellation between 270 and 181 days before the show 40% of cost
Cancellation between 180 and 121 days before the show 60% of cost
Cancellation between 120 and 61 days before the show 80% of cost
Cancellation 60 days or less before the show
- FULL COST
This scale of charges will apply only from the date the Organizers receive written notice by letter or fax. In addition to this scale, the Exhibitor will be liable for any specific cost incurred on his behalf by the Organizers. These terms cannot be varied under any circumstances.
7. FAILURE TO EXHIBIT
Any organization which, having signed a contract for exhibition space, fails to exhibit whether or not for any reason of the Exhibitor's own choosing and has not been released from the contract by the Organizers shall be liable for the full amount stated in the contract plus any additional costs incurred by the Organizers as a result of such failure to exhibit.
8. CONSTRUCTION AND DECORATION OF STAND AND DISPLAY
All exhibitors must complete construction and/or decoration, and move-in and display of exhibits by the date and time stipulated by the Organizers.
9. MOVEMENT OF EXHIBITS AND STAND FITTINGS
Exhibitors shall remove all exhibits and stand fittings from the exhibition hall within the period stipulated by the Organizers and indemnify the Organizers against any costs incurred by reason of delay or damage to the exhibition hall.
10. EXHIBITOR'S INSURANCE
xhibitors shall make sure that they are fully covered by insurance including, but not restricted to, all risks on their property, exhibits or articles of any kind, public liability and comprehensive protection against any loss or damage caused by any circumstance whatsoever whether by reason of fire, water, theft, accident or any other cause. The Exhibitor shall insure against, indemnify and hold the Organizers harmless in respect of all costs, claims, demands and expenses to which the Organizers may in any way be subject as a result of any loss or injury arising to any person (including members of the public or the Organizers' staff, agents or contractors) or property howsoever caused as a result of any act or default of the Exhibitor, his servants, agents or contractors or invitees. If the Organizers so demand the Exhibitor shall provide proof to the Organizers that the Exhibitor has adequate insurance cover. Exhibitors must ensure that their temporary staff and the staff of their servants, agents or contractors are insured against claims for workman's compensation. The period for which such insurance shall be maintained shall run from the time the Exhibitor or any of his servants, agents or contractors first enters the exhibition grounds, and to continue until he has vacated the exhibition grounds and all his exhibits and property have been removed.
11. FIRE REGULATIONS
- Materials used in stand and display construction must be properly fire-proofed in accordance with the regulations of Korea.
- The Organizers have the right, should circumstances necessitate, to make changes in the exhibitor's stand in the interest of fire control.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Organizers, their servants or agents shall not be liable for the safety of the Exhibitors, their servants, agents, contractors or invitees during the exhibition nor for any exhibits, articles or other property of whatever kind brought into the exhibition by the Exhibitors, their servants, agents, contractors or invitees or members of the public. The Organizers shall not in any event be held responsible for any restrictions or conditions which prevent the construction, erection, completion, alteration or dismantling of stands or the entry, sitting or removal of exhibits, or for the failure of any services or amenities provided by the hall landlords or other third parties. The Exhibitor agrees to defend and hold harmless the Organizers from all liabilities, claims, or expense for any trade mark, copyright, or patent infringement arising out of the operation or promotion of its exhibit.
13. FORCE MAJEURE
The Organizers shall not be liable to the Exhibitor by reason of any cancellation or part-time opening of the exhibition, either as a whole or in part, for any non-performance of their obligations under this contract or for any amendments or alterations to all or any of the Rules and Regulations of the Exhibition in each case to the extent that such occurrence is due to any circumstances not within their control.
14. SUPPLEMENTARY CLAUSES
- Whenever necessary, the Organizers shall have the right to issue supplementary regulations, in addition to those in the terms and regulations, for participation in SEOUL FOOD 2023 to ensure smooth management of the exhibition.
- Any additional written regulation or instructions shall form part of the terms and regulations for participation in SEOUL FOOD 2023 and be binding on all exhibitors.
- The exhibitor shall also observe stipulated regulations for management of exhibition halls of KINTEX, Korea.
15. ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES
Any dispute, difference, or question which may arise at any time hereafter between the Organizers and the exhibitor related to interpretation of terms and regulations for participation, or rights and liabilities of the parties hereto, shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the Korean Commercial Arbitration Board in Seoul, Korea. Awarding of the above arbitration shall be final and binding upon both parties